Overview of Terms
Bill Hero is a Savings Service provided by Bill Hero Holdings Pty Ltd, ABN 74 637 776 311.
This Overview is intended as a simplified summary of the Terms under which this Service is offered. Your use of the Service is subject to the full Bill Hero Terms of Service embedded in this page below. We urge you to read the full Terms of Service. If there is discrepancy between this Overview and the Full Terms of Service, the Full Terms of Service will prevail.
Bill Hero is offered as tool to:
- Help Users to review and compare the generally available Energy Plans offered in the Australian retail electricity markets,
- Help Users to select the most cost effective Plan,
- Assist and facilitate Users to switch between Retailers and Plans, and
- Monitor Bills to ensure Users remain on competitive Plans.
To use the Service, You will need to provide information, including Personal Information, and pre-authorise your annual subscription payment:
- You will need to provide the Service with an electricity bill which will allow the Service to analyse and compare the generally available Energy Plans available and relevant to you.
- You will need to pre-authorise a credit card payment for the annual service subscription fee
- You will need to provide your name and contact information, including email and phone number
- You will need to set your personalised ‘Bothered Threshold’
Under these Terms of Service, you will give your consent to the Company obtaining the information required to deliver this service.
The Company will keep your personal information securely and will only use your personal information to enable you to complete an application to purchase an Energy Plan from the energy retailer of your choice, or to provide your details to Partners with your consent.
The Service is independent of all Energy Retailers. The Service does not seek and Retailers do not pay commissions for any sales completed through the Service.
The presence or absence of fees does not impact the ranking of the Energy Plans compared by the Service, or the plans and retailers recommended by the service.
- You will provide additional personal information including your name, email address and phone number;
- You will pre-authorise a credit card payment to begin your 12 month subscription. The Service uses reputable external credit card processing providers and does not retain credit card numbers or CVC numbers at any time.
- It is possible that the payment provider may make a small charge as part of its pre-authorisation process. Any such charge will automatically be reversed when the pre-authorised transaction is processed or cancelled;
- You will nominate your Bothered Threshold, a minimum desired savings threshold to be achieved before we initiate any additional switches
- We will use the information on your electricity bill to compare publicly available plans against your current plan assuming same kWh consumption (and where relevant same kWh solar export) over an equivalent time period, and identify a new recommended plan and retailer, with a view to meeting or exceeding the Savings Guarantee on your electricity bill;
- We will process your pre-authorised credit card payment only if we can find savings that meet or exceed the Savings Guarantee;
- We will provide you with personalised comparison results including a ranked list of plans and retailers, with the cheapest plan in the ranking used to determine the Savings Guarantee threshold;
- You will choose your preferred plan and retailer from the ranking We provide and We will facilitate your application to switch to your chosen plan and retailer
- As part of initiating your switch, we will include a unique Bill Hero.com.au email address belonging to the Service as a secondary billing email address. The Service will receive all future bills from your new retailer;
- We will repeat the personalised comparison process for all new bills sent to the custom email address, and will initiate additional switches whenever your minimum savings ‘Bothered Threshold’ can be achieved;
- Where the Service is unable to identify savings that meet or exceed the Savings Guarantee on the first uploaded bill, Your pre-authorised subscription fee will be cancelled.
- In order to complete the application to enter a Contract for an Energy Plan via the Service, the User must supply all information required by the Service necessary to complete an application with the relevant Energy Retailer. If you do not supply all requested information, we will not be able to complete your switch.
- The Service updates its database of Energy Plan pricing frequently (not less than monthly) to offer Users currently available deals.
- The Company makes no representation that an Energy Retailer will accept the User’s application to sign-up for an account with an Energy Retailer.
- Where your chosen Retailer rejects your application, we will initiate a new application on your behalf to the next ranked plan and Retailer
- Your subscription will auto-renew at the end of the subscription period
- The subscription period can be extended through use of Referral Codes or other mechanisms as agreed between us from time to time
- Before the end of your subscription period we will notify you that our Agreement will auto-renew for a further 12 months unless you request that it stops.
- At the end of your subscription period, unless you have requested that it stops, our Agreement will auto-renew and we will debit a further annual subscription fee from your account